Smoothie bowls are all the rage right now. I didn’t get it at first – why would you want to eat a smoothie with a spoon?! And is it a smoothie or fruit/yogurt bowl?
So I thought I would try it myself and boy was I pleasantly surprised! Just as easy as making a smoothie but with the possibility of adding different textures with toppings, this is more satisfying than drinking fruity milk (let’s face it, that’s what a smoothie is).
So here is my recipe strawberry-banana smoothie bowl. Although the flaxseeds and chia seeds are optional, they create a thicker texture while being super nutritious! High in fiber, they will keep you fuller longer.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 heaping tbsp peanut butter (or any other nut butter)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds (optional)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- Toppings: Sliced banana and berries, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth
- Top with desired ingredients. It’s that easy!