I’m not lying when I say this is the best bean salad recipe! I often make this for potlucks and is always a huge hit. Plus, for those of you trying to eat healthy in large gatherings, you can stick to your plan with this bean salad that is high in protein and fiber, which will make you fuller, longer.
Prep time: 10 min, Cook time: 15 min, Portions: 8
- 2 cups corn kernels (canned or frozen)
- 3 red peppers, halved, core, seeds, and ribs removed
- 3 cups black beans, canned
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 2 tbsp fresh chives
- 1 ripe avocado
- 4 oz feta cheese, cubed
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Cook corn in a skillet until slightly brown, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place peppers on a baking sheet, skin side up, and broil until blackened, about 5 minutes. Cool. Rub off and discard peel. Dice peppers.
- Combine corn, peppers, and black beans in a large bowl. Add chopped herbs.
- Make dressing by whisking all ingredients together. Add to salad and combine well. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Add feta and diced avocado just before serving
Per portion – Calories: 300 kcal, Protein: 10 g, Fat: 15 g, Carbs: 27 g, Fiber: 9 g