Don’t throw out those overripe bananas! Use them in this easy and nutritious banana cardamom bread.
Adding skim milk powder to recipes boosts protein, which means you fill feel fuller, longer while maintaining your muscle mass – all this without changing the taste of your food! We are also using whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour to increase fiber content and avoid a spike in blood sugar. So enjoy!
Prep time: 15 min, Cook time: 45 min, Portions: 15
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) whole wheat flour
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) skim milk powder
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chopped walnuts
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) salt
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cardamom
- 3 eggs
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) canola oil
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) maple syrup
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 180 F (350 C) and line a 23 cm (9 in) bread pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl,mix the first 8 ingredients.
- In a second bowl, beat the eggs using a whisk and add the mashed bananas, oil, syrup and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix gently with a spatula.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the top becomes golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool before slicing.
Per portion – Calories: 195 kcal, Protein: 5 g, Fat: 9 g, Carbs: 24g, Fiber: 2 g