- It’s fall season, which means time for pumpkin, root vegetables, and of course, cranberries. By now you probably know I’m not a fan of fall (see previous post), but thankfully I like foods that fall has to offer, such as these healthy and delicious cranberry-chocolate oatmeal cookies!
- Portion: 18 cookies
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 4 tbsp dark chocolate to drizzle (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk flours, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in medium bowl to blend.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars in large bowl until smooth. Beat in applesauce, egg and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and oats to the wet mixture and stir with a spoon until blended. Stir in all chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Drop batter by heaping tablespoons onto baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake until edges are light brown, about 13-15 minutes.
- Stir chopped dark chocolate in top of double boiler until melted and smooth. Using a small spoon, drizzle melted chocolate over cookies. Let stand until the chocolate drizzle sets, about 1 hour (or refrigerate for 30 minutes).