Strawberry and maple syrup, a match made in heaven!
If you’re from Montreal, strawberry season and maple syrup season are two of the sweetest times of the year (pun intended). I combined the two in this healthy and delicious recipe. So easy to make too!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cup fresh strawberries
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup regular plain yogurt (not Greek)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and grease a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Dice strawberries and reserve 1/4 cup. Fold in the rest and stir to coat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, vegetable oil, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until well-combined. Do not over-mix.
- Portion batter equally into muffin pan.
- Bake 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out dry.
- Enjoy once cooled slightly. You can easily refrigerate or freeze leftovers.
These were offered at the last bake sale at Le Fitness Loft and got amazing reviews!